Evidence based practice at Concussion Management of New York
- There is new research put the lights on tools to help recognize differences in concussion severity. Danny G, Thomas et al. Click here for full article
- Read about updated criterion and evidence based information on when to return to play after head injury. (Stephen G Rise) Click here for full article.
- A review on equipment that can help reduce the incidence of concussions. Newer vs, older helmet types. (Examining concussion rates Micky Collins PhDhe Click here for full article.
- Advances and benefits of nutrition after injury. How does nutrition improve acute and subacute health outcomes as reported by the Institute of Medicine. Click here for full article.
- This is the latest position of the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (AMSSM) on Concussions: Return to practice/play afterconcussion should occur only with medical clearance from a licensed healthcare provider trained in the evaluation and management of concussion. Read the full article including its recommendations on when to return to sports safely.