At Concussion Management of New York (CMNY), we offer a comprehensive post-injury management program for best chance at fast recovery and a safe return to sports participation following a concussion.
- Neurocognitive, vestibulo-ocluar and physical re-assessment.
- Baseline comparison analysis.
- School and home recommendations prescription based on customized approach.
- Collaboration with primary care physician, neurologist or pediatrician for accurate implementation of treatment recommendations and safe return to sports.
- Manual therapy options for associated secondary physical components to the current injury including cold and k-laser treatment.
- Vestibular rehabilitation treatment for sensory reintegration as needed by certified therapists.
- Gradual physical exertion training and testing, once symptom free, for appropriate return to participation as recommended by the Center for Decease Control (CDC).
- Full progress report.
Note: Medical assessment by family or sports MD is a must with all head injuries. CMofNY will recommend one with expertise in brain injury and trained in concussion management.
Where can my child or teen be evaluated after an injury?
When an athlete is suspected of having signs and symptoms of a concussion contact us at at CMofNY. (212) 717-8331.
In the case of that your child presents vomiting, severe or progressive headache, dizziness, confusion, sensitivity to light or sound and or memory loss call 911 and go to the nearest emergency room for immediate assessment then contact us for a follow up assessment with tests not available at ER and a review recommendations for school.
At CMNY we recommend our thorough post concussion assessment within the first 48 hours for best understanding of the condition and assistance in post injury recovery. Contact us at soon as possible after the physician or emergency room check up at 212 717 8331