“Welcome to Concussion Management of New York (CMNY). We bring the NFL focus on managing concussions to younger players in private and public schools across America.“
Alex Gometz, a triathlete, sports injury prevention and treatment expert. CMNY, partners with some of the most prestigious, pediatricians, neurologists and schools in New York and North Carolina.
Call To Action:
In New York State for 2009: Approximately 50,500 children under the age of 19 visited the emergency room for traumatic brain injury and of those, approximately 3,000 were hospitalized. Researchers estimate that each year approximately 3.2 million concussions occur in the United States, with 136,000 in high school–aged individuals alone. (CDC resources)
What is the risk in our Schools?
Lack of resources and qualified practitioners in our schools increase chances for less desirable recovery results.
- can have catastrophic results in younger athletes, if not treated properly, due to their brain’s early stage of development.
- lack a sense of urgency as compared to other injuries in schools and therefore have less allocated resources and funding.
- are not identified accurately and quickly on the field due to lack of education.
CMNY is dedicated to assisting schools and coaches with a comprehensive yet simple management procedure to accurately understand, identify and collaborate in the correct management of sports-related concussions. Here’s what we do:
- Prepare the coaches, trainers and school health care coordinators by giving the right tools to understand and handle properly at first sign.
- Assist in the creation and revision of comprehensive policies and procedures on effectively dealing with concussions.
- Will conduct a certified baseline test for each student so schools can be better prepared to manage a concussion if it should occur.
The CMNY Approach To Knocking Out Concussions
At CMNY, our team of neurologist, pediatricians, therapists and trainers can deal with all aspects of concussions. Our baseline assessments are carefully conducted and certified. Post injury diagnosis, recommendations for treatment and reintegration therapy required for safe return to sports, are carefully supervised and tailored to each individual.
Don’t take the risk
Concussions can be safely and easily managed, however they can also lead to a life-long of disability or death if not handled promptly and properly.
A concussion is a medical condition and only medical professionals should be trusted to handle it.
Call Concussion Management of New York for consultation at 212 717 8331